Tired of dealing with rogue software, spyware and malware?
Spent too many hours removing unsolicited software?
Worried about clicking unfamiliar Web links?
Introducing Sandboxie: Sandboxie runs your programs in an isolated space which prevents them from making permanent changes to other programs and data in your computer.
Benefits of the Isolated Sandbox
- Secure Web Browsing: Running your Web browser under the protection of Sandboxie means that all malicious software downloaded by the browser is trapped in the sandbox and can be discarded trivially.
- Enhanced Privacy: Browsing history, cookies, and cached temporary files collected while Web browsing stay in the sandbox and don't leak into Windows.
- Secure E-mail: Viruses and other malicious software that might be hiding in your email can't break out of the sandbox and can't infect your real system.
- Windows Stays Lean: Prevent wear-and-tear in Windows by installing software into an isolated sandbox.
- Added support for SetCursorPos API.
- Support for Immediate Recovery on Windows 8.1.
- Fixed crash when Microsoft Chinese Pinyin IME is in use.
- Fixed a problem with Chrome and LastPass on Windows 8.1
- Fixed a BSOD crash.
- Added support for pasting bitmaps and metafiles from the clipboard.
- Added support for the dynamic variant of /RPC Control/spoolss (from spoolsv.exe) that is introduced in Windows 8.1, to allow programs in the sandbox to print in Windows 8.1.
- Added NACL.EXE and NACL64.EXE to list of lingering programs.
- Fixed error SBIE2205 after installing Microsoft KB2898785 with IE10 and IE 11